Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Reflection.....App

Today was the first day that I used the Reflection app mirroring software available for a PC in conjunction with my the Airplay feature on the Ipad. While there were a few glitches, largely due to some as yet undetermined issues with the Smart Notebook Ipad app, my experience was very positive.

The feature/implication I like the best is that with the use of Reflection, you are not tethered to any particular part of the classroom. Whatever content that is displayed on the screen of your IPad, is projected to the whole class and can be changed easily without needing to have anything pointing towards the front of the room. It allowed me to gain a much better perspective of my classroom and the level of my student engagement during the lesson. I was able to move about freely, essentially feeling like I was much more a part of the class. It was a good feeling.

I am excited about the potential this new piece of technology offers. If you use IPads in your classroom, I highly recommend looking into this technology solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment