Sunday, November 11, 2012

Smart Notebook Ipad app

I have written about the use of the Reflection app mirroring software previously. At the time I was attempting to use the Smart Notebook IPad app with the mirroring software and running into difficulties with proper display of Notebook files and writing on the files using the IPad. It got to the point where I gave up and went back to using the Notebook files from my laptop.

The Smart Notebook app was updated about two weeks ago and the bugs I had encountered have been fixed. If you have many of your lessons on Smart Notebook files, I can now heartily endorse their use with the Reflection mirroring software and an IPad. My files are stored in a Dropbox account and can be loaded directly from there into the Notebook App. Through the use of the Reflection mirroring app, I am now able to walk around the room, change and/or write on any pages from any location in my room, and have my students write their work on the Ipad which is nearly simultaneously projected on the board. While the actual editing and file creation features of the Notebook App are limited, (I make all changes and edits on a Laptop before class), from a display and presentation standpoint, this setup is pretty nifty.

During the past two weeks, it has made a very positive impact in the way my students and I can interact during lesson time and has allowed me to monitor their progress during lessons significantly better. The students enjoy showing and projecting their work to the rest of the class as well. I am fairly sure other mirroring software will allow this setup to work as well. It is much more enjoyable to be free to move about the classroom during lesson presentation rather than be stationed at the front of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment