Friday, December 19, 2014

Holiday Break Approaching

Two more school days until our Holiday Break. The energy level was high this week as can be expected with the anticipation of Christmas and time off from school. It can be a challenging time for a teacher but it also reminds me what it felt like for me back when I was young.

Teaching is tiring for me but it also keeps me connected to youth and feeling younger. With my children fully grown, I think I would feel older, (maybe a bit less tired), and definitely be less connected with the changes that are occurring with the younger segment of our society, social media, and the like if I were still working as a meteorologist.

I am glad to still have the chance to experience the excitement that children provide at this time of the year and have the exposure to the changes in the way they see and experience the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment